An ever-improved fair through GRTU Malta Chamber of SMEs and Fiera il-Kbira agreement
- Created on Friday, 01 July 2016 13:59
GreenMT Council Awards 2016
- Created on Thursday, 30 June 2016 17:31
Green MT, the National Authorised Packaging Waste Compliance Scheme has held its annual Council Awards under the patronage of the Hon. Minister for Sustainable Development, the Environment and Climate Change, Jose Herrera and the Hon. Stefan Buontempo, Parliamentary Secretary for Local Government.
The Green Council Awards have entered into their sixth year and nine awards were this year given to Local Councils, Schools, Industry Operators,
Kappara Junction Project Progresses – GRTU follows closely as Vjal ir-Rihan Traffic Management is amended
- Created on Thursday, 30 June 2016 17:10
The Kappara Junction Project has registered progress as diversion and alternate routes have been upgraded and improved in preparation for excess traffic that would be using such roads during the more rigorous phases of the project where actual works will be undertaken at the Kappara Junction itself.
GRTU supports the 2nd edition of ‘Servizz bi Tbissima’
- Created on Thursday, 30 June 2016 14:27
A press conference was held at MCCAA to inaugurate ‘Servizz bi Tbissima’ The Service with a smile award’ that will also be extended to the best online service.
This award is organized by the Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority (MCCAA). The aim of this competition is to recognize those shops that offer good service and strive to improve the relationship between consumers and retailers. At the same time promote good business practices.
Loading & Unloading of Containers: a much needed clarification
- Created on Thursday, 30 June 2016 13:36
GRTU has recently insisted with the Department of Local Government for a clear policy to be introduced in relation to the loading and unloading of containers.
The issue relates to containers being loaded and unloaded within Localities as opposed to the Hal Far Groupage Complex. GRTU has been advocating the principle that traders had every right to request permission to place a container within a Locality as long as the entire contents of the container were to be delivered to the same recipient.
Containers carrying groupage are strictly to be unloaded at the Hal Far Groupage Complex in terms of the Motor Tractors Regulations.
Until recently, the practice to load or unload a container outside one’s warehouse consisted of simply obtaining a permit from the Local Council offices in that locality.
GRTU requests MCESD meeting following BREXIT vote
- Created on Thursday, 30 June 2016 13:27
Following Britain’s referendum result at the end of June, GRTU Malta Chamber of SMEs President Paul Abela has requested a meeting of the Malta Council for Economic and Social Development for Government and social partners to plan together a way forward in a context of an EU without Great Britain.
Launch of a New Code of Practice for Outlets serving Alcohol
- Created on Thursday, 30 June 2016 11:40
A new Code of Practice for outlets serving alcoholic beverages was launched amid calls for a more inclusive social responsibility to promote common welfare.
The new code replaces the one introduced 15 years ago and is the result of collaboration between The Sense Group, the Institute for Tourism Studies
GRTU discusses long-standing issues afflicting Gozo businesses during its mission in Gozo
- Created on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 19:00
GRTU Executive Council meets Dr Nadine Sant, Legal Advisor to the Economy Ministry (MEIB) to discuss the Family Business Act
- Created on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 18:30
The aim of the family Business Act is to address obstacles and problems that those operating a family business face especially in instances of business transfers.
GRTU urges Hon Chris Cardona to assist in its fight against unfair competition
- Created on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 18:16
Valletta Shop Scheme
- Created on Tuesday, 31 May 2016 17:59
- Il-GRTU titlob lill-Ministru ghat-Trasport jikkonsidra jerġa’ ddawwar it-traffiku ġewwa ċ-Centru tal-Mosta ghal kif kien qabel l-1996
- Engagement of Migrant Workers Proposal – Positive Initiative Subject to Fine-Tuning
- GRTU’s collaboration with MCAST to promote Entrepreneurship
- Opposition launches Short-Term Measures to Reduce Traffic - GRTU reiterates urgency of practical immediate improvements
- GRTU’s crusade against the new Billboards and Advertising law